Saturday, September 27, 2008

McCain...An Arrogant Bully

If you watched the debate between Obama and McCain,
were you offended by McCain's arrogance and bullying
tendancies? I was.

I voted for Hillary in the primary election and when
Obama won, I was not happy. It took me awhile to
come around to Obama but when he did not choose
Hillary for his running mate, I thought he made the
stupidest mistake ever.

When McCain chose a woman as his choice for VP I felt
even stronger about the stupidity of Obama's choice
to give up the perfect ticket but after watching Sarah
Palin's interview with Katie Couric, it was clear that
McCain's choice was just plain hilarious except for the
fact that if McCain wins and then falls ill, our country
will be left to the leadership of a person who can't
complete a coherent sentence.

I admired Barack Obama's integrity and control during
the debate. McCain's entire strategy seemed to be to
try to humiliate and bully in the hope that Obama
would flip out and lose control the way McCain has been
known to. McCain's strategy failed when all he succeeded
in doing is making himself look like a bully.

McCain's speech was filled with arrogance, ignorance and
condescending behavior. The cockiness that he added to
the insults offended me for some reason. I felt as
though he was insulting me. Others that I spoke to who
intended to vote for Obama, were on the fence or planned
not to vote because he did not choose Hillary for VP also
said they felt offended.

Maybe it was my dislike for McCain to start with or maybe
it was the fact that he is Bush all over again in disguise
that turned my vote strongly to Obama Friday night.

Maybe it was because Barack Obama came off as a nice person
who was able to control his emotions and no matter how much
McCain insulted his abilities and intelligence, Obama did not
resort to the same distasteful tactics. Maybe it was because
Barack Obama believes in peace talks rather over bombs.

Or maybe it was because McCain came off as a bully which
makes him a bad example for young people and children.
Maybe it was the realization that he prefers to fight and
blow people up rather than talk to them. His tone in
speaking about Russia and the Georgia issue seemed to be one
of force....just what we need...another involvement in
someone else's war.

McCain strikes me as the type, that as a young man, would
start fights or join in if one was already in progress without
even asking questions or trying to intercede in a peaceful
manner.

Thanks McCain for making up my mind for me.

VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.